22-25 June 2015 in Bad Kohlgrub (Germany)
The TAC-4 international scientific conference will be held in Bad Kohlgrub (Germany), a small town between Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen. The venue will be determined soon. TAC-4 is a follow-up of previous TAC conferences (Oxford, 2006; Aachen/Maastricht, 2009; Prien a. Chiemsee, 2012). It is organised by the Institute of Atmospheric Physics at the German Aerospace Center (DLR - Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt). The scope of the conference covers all aspects of the impact of the different modes of transport (aviation, road transport, shipping etc.) on atmospheric chemistry, micro-physics, radiation and climate. In light of the global relevance of the conference themes, participants from all over the world are welcome to attend.
Papers on the following topics are welcome:
• engine emissions (gaseous and particulate),
• emission scenarios and emission data bases for transport,
• near-field and plume processes, effective emissions,
• transport impact on the chemical composition of the atmosphere,
• transport impact on aerosols,
• contrails, contrail cirrus, ship tracks,
• indirect cloud effects (e.g., aerosol-cloud interaction),
• radiative forcing of transport,
• transport impact on climate,
• metrics for measuring climate change and damage,
• mitigation of transport impacts by technological changes in vehicles and engines (e.g., low-NOx engines, alternative fuels),
• mitigation of transport impacts by operational means (e.g., air traffic management, environmental flight and ship routing).
Observational, experimental, remote sensing and modelling studies are encouraged.
Deadline for abstract submission: February 2015